About Me

My husband, Jason, and I have been married for 20+ years and have seven children. Princess and Sunshine are 16 years old; Cupcake, LoveBug and Ri-Bear are 11; BoBo is 9 and NiNi is 2 . I have been caring for children since my young teen years. First as a babysitter and then as a church nursery worker. When I was a Freshman in high school, I directed my first of 5 children’s theaters at the local Opera House which put 40 children between the 1st & 8th grade in my care for 2 ½ hours 5 days a week. As a senior in high school I worked with the youth in my church and did this through college as well. After Jason and I were married I started doing childcare out of our home and did so until we moved to Spearfish. Shortly after moving here our daughter was born and so I decided to take a break, three months later our son came into our lives. Pumpkin Patch Daycare opened on October 28th, 2008 and Closed on November 23rd, 2016.



Thursday, June 11, 2009

A recent note to Patch Parents:

To the Pumpkin Patch Parents,
I just wanted to let you in on some of the things that will be happening around the Patch this summer.

Days we will be closed:
*Memorial Day is just over 2 weeks away and that is one of my 3 scheduled paid holidays, we will be taking off the Friday before as well. (Closed May 22nd & 25th)

*Independence Day is on a Saturday this year, so there will be no payment due for this holiday. But as the handbook states: if a holiday falls on a Saturday the Patch will be closed the Friday before. In addition to this I am going to be taking that Wednesday & Thursday off as well. (Closed July 1st, 2nd, & 3rd)

*This next item is tentative, but wanted to give you heads up...will know as it gets closer. We are looking forward to having family around mid August and I am planning on taking the 2nd Thursday & Friday off to spend time with them. Dates are not 100% yet, but at this point. (Closed August 13th & 14th)

*Labor Day is the last of my paid holidays, at this time we do not plan on being closed any extra days around Labor Day. (Closed September 7th)

A couple policy changes:
*As of July 1st we will be changing the part time hours from 16 to 19.

*With summer coming it will be nice to make quick trips after work to the store or a short run and with this comes a change of policy effective June 1st. If your child will be here after 5:30 the drop in rate ($/hr) will then kick in. The only exception to this would be if you have given a weeks notice and made sure that a late night will not interfere with something my family has planned.

*We will be adding Good Friday to the list of closed holidays for 2010, it will not be a paid holiday.

A reminder:
*As of late we have had circles of sickness going on...that handbook states that if there has been a fever of 100F +, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, sore throat, loss of voice, hacking or continuous coughing, yellow or green runny nose, draining eyes or ears, rash, or head lice within the last 24 hours it is best to keep your child home. I appreciate your cooperation.

A note:
*Several Children will be coming to potty training age soon, and if will be very beneficial if you get a good foundation at home before starting at daycare. When this time comes please fill me in on your expectations while at daycare. We will need pull ups and 2-4 extra bottoms (pants, shorts, etc) during this process. Just a not, here at daycare we call it 'tinkle & stinky.'

A thank you:
I appreciate you, the parents, so much as we work together to achieve what is best for your children. There is great reward when we all work together and cooperate towards the same goal! We do hope you all have a great and wonderful summer, we look forward to the warm days ahead and playing outside more!

Sincerely,

Ashley ~ Pumpkin Patch Daycare

No comments: